.

Normal Thyroid Size Findings


NORMAL THYROID SIZE


Autoimmune
thyroiditis causes a decrease in intrathyroidal iodine stores, an increased iodine turnover, and defective organification. Chronic inflammation of the gland causes progressive destruction of the functional tissue with widespread infiltration by lymphocytes and plasma cells with epithelial cell abnormalities. In time, dense fibrosis and atrophic thyroid follicles replace the initial lymphocytic hyperplasia and vacuoles. Functional tissue destruction and infiltration may also be caused by previous administration of radioiodine, surgical fibrosis, metastasis, lymphomatous changes, sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, amyloidosis, cystinosis, thalassemia, and Riedel thyroiditis.

NORMAL THYROID SIZE




















1 comment:

Rachel and Bob said...

My thyroid problem changed me for who I was. I used to be pretty,smart and active. Then, I was confused, angry and depressed. I finally decided to rescue the real me. SO I checked natural supplements. For safety, effectiveness and its cheap price, desiccated porcine supplements was the best. I started taking it and I became my real self again!